Friday, February 8, 2008

Cause I'm Just So Funny...

Well, if my book review blog was random, this is going to seem even more random, but a few weeks ago I sent an email to some friends "reviewing" Pirates 3 - somebody should pay be for this commentary :) I thought my email was so funny, I just had to include it as a blog.


**SPOILER ALERT** If you have not seen Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End and intend to, do NOT read on.

This may seem a little random of an email, but I feel the need to vent... What the crap is up with the ending of Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End (going forward known as P3)??? Are ya kidding me! Elizabeth and Will don't even end up together? What the ???

So, I watched P3 again last night. Okay, I'll admit mostly it was for the brief appearance 2 hours 24 minutes into the movie when my celebrity crush (aka Piratety Orlando Bloom) appears. (Ry - you're the only man I'll ever love, but celebrity crushes are allowed right?)

Anyway, I get 2 hours 24 minutes into this movie and yes Piratey Orlando shows up and for a few minutes it is almost worth it...almost worth watching a movie that could have been great except for the fact that they spent far too much time on effects and not nearly enough time on the writing, the plot, the story, ESPECIALLY when the story has the leading lady and her gorgeous man NOT even end up together, except for ONE day on the beach (alright, I'll give you that it looked like a pretty darn good day :) but still, that's it for 10 freakin' years. You've got to be kiddin' me! I am so pissed!

And in case you hadn't heard/seen, there is a secret scene after the credits...I don't know if it made me feel better or worse, oh wait, yes I do, WORSE. 10 years later, Will pulls up to meet his apparent 9 year old son and wife only to get 24 hours with them and then back to work for 10 years. (His hours are even worse than ortho resident hours!) It is so SAD. The only redeemable part is that we get one more brief glimpse of Piratety Orlando Bloom.

As much as I was hoping Disney had fixed the ending of P3 on the DVD version, sadly they have not! Well, I guess that about sums it up. If you'd like to be kept off the next venting email (likely topics include: Bella falls in love with Jacob, NO WAY; and Seriously, Izzy and George, Seriously) please let me know! :)

2 comments:

Brettman said...

I think we may have created a monster...enjoyed the review both the first AND second times I read it. You have talent. You should really try and see MORE movies.

Heather and Ryan said...

Seriously, I probably do need to see more movies! Next ones marked in my planner...Fool's Gold, Vantage Point, and The Other Bolyn Girl