Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A few more books...

I recently read Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (she lives in Nashville!) This is a really interesting book about the unexpected bond that develops between terrorists (who aren't really that mean) and hostages...people from different continents become compatriots, intimiate friends, and lovers. I think this would be a great book for discussion groups, book clubs, etc. Hope you enjoy!




One of the other books I recently read was The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I loved this book! The movie is coming out Feb. 29, starring Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson...of course I usually like the book better, but the movie looks really good too. Anyway, it was a great book. It takes place during the time of King Henry VIII - 2 sisters competing for the greatest prize: the love of the king! BTW, it is actually a series, the first one is called Constant Princess. The Other Boleyn Girl is 2nd book.

3 comments:

Quinn said...

Why read the book when you can go straight to the movie?

Heather and Ryan said...

Because the book is always BETTER!!!

sara b said...

YOU ARE A BLOGGER. . .WOOT WOOT! Where the heck have I been? Out of town I guess! Just saw the email about your new blog tonight. . .YIPEE! Now we can stay in touch because living 20 feet from eachother just isn't cutting it. . .HA!