Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sadly, we're back


I have to admit, coming home from Switzerland was depressing. We were so not ready to leave. We had such an amazing week!
We flew into Munich and toured the city for 2 days, visiting the Dachau concentration camp, English Garden, Deutsches Museum, and the fun downtown area. Also went to the famous beer hall, Hofbrauhaus...kind of made me wish I drank...it looked so fun :) Then we picked up a car and drove to the Nueschwanstein castle (the "Disneyland castle"). It was awesome (cloudy/rainy, but what an you do). Toured the Hohenschwangau and Linderholf castle as well. Saw the cutest white church and a fun town named Oberammergau. Stayed the night in Reutte, Austria, right across the border.

Then off we drove to Switzerland...we headed to the Berner Oberland, Interlaken, Swiss Alps area for an amazing 3 days. Hiked in the Alps, rode trams and trains, went to the top of the Schilthorn, ate CHEESE, potatoes, CHEESE, bread, CHEESE, and chocolates. We stayed in the adorable town of Muerren. Saw lots of cows (with their cow bells on!) while hiking. Absolutely HATED leaving. I want to move to Switzerland so bad!!! Took the train through Luzern and toured around for a few hours and then flew home through Zurich.
We packed a lot into 8 days, but it was awesome!!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had such an awesome time! I have always wanted to go to Switzerland. It just seems so pretty, clean, and CHOCOLATEY! Kyle and I are going to have to go there someday. We decided we are just going to go to all the places you and Ryan have been, then it's almost all planned for us!! LOL Thanks for all the pics. I loved the cows, they are seriously so CUTE in Switzerland! Who know cows still wore bells? Loved it!

Leymaster Family said...

Your pics were awesome and I'm so glad you brought the SLR - it made the swiss pics look surreal! I love Switzerland and am determined to have a cabin there someday.

Kendra said...

Wow--looks like y'all had an amazing time! I got to tour Germany/Austria and Switzerland when I was younger, but I've always wanted to explore it with Aaron--it's so beautiful! If y'all move there, we'll definitely come visit!