Monday, November 10, 2008

give THANKS

For the last 10 weeks, Ry has been working at the VA hospital. This rotation is great in terms of his schedule - for the most part, his weekends are free! :) And in free, I mean free in the Ortho world...Ry would say, "Working a few hours Saturday and Sunday morning is practically not working, therefore it's a day off!" Yeah, I don't get it either...surgeons live in this warped world if you ask me...anyway...

Because he had some "days off" Ry's mom came for a visit as well, which was a treat for us!!! It was a great weekend, 2 movies (Nights of Rodanthe - 3 thumbs down!; Eagle Eye - 3 thumbs UP), dinner at Margot's and PF Chang's, shopping, and a fantastic craft project :)


Here are some of our fun supplies!

It may look like he is thinking, "Why is Heather making me do this?"

But he actually loves my projects!

4 comments:

Our Family Happenings said...

Hey, thanks for my cute Give Thanks wall hanging. I have been meaning and meaning to tell you that. They turned out so cute! You crafty girl you!

Anonymous said...

Those are cute, that looks like fun! I bet Ryan was secretly enjoying himself:) Oh and I did get my tickets to see Twilight, I bought them last Friday! I'm excited. And I am going with Kyle, cause he said he actually wouldn't mind seeing it with me. So you should tell Ryan that, make him feel guilty!

Mamu Lou said...

Look at you, all crafty! I always thought you were 'crafty'...Hmmmmm...

Jenni Peay said...

Wow you are taking on all sorts of projects these days, wish I could come help, but it looks like you have a good assistant, which I am sure is all he is allowed to be :)